For most of us still working from home, the urge to snack all day remains a daily battle. Rather than try to abstain altogether (because that will only lead to overeating later on), here’s 5 of our favourite low-sugar snack ideas to have on hand and ready to grab for when you need a little something to eat - with minimal damage to your health inflicted.
1. Fresh fruit - Simple, but a great craving-crusher for when you’re after something a little sweet. Our tip is to always have some fresh fruit washed, cut and ready to grab from your fridge. To make it more exciting, prep a container full of fresh berries mixed with a squeeze of lime juice and some mint.
2. Hard-boiled egg - Another simple but satiating snack, the humble egg is packed full of protein and healthy fats that will leave you feeling satisfied and fend off any further urges to snack on sugar later on.
3. Natural Greek yoghurt - This wholesome snack is not only an easy way to get some protein into your diet between meals, but it’s also super versatile. Sprinkle some cinnamon or our Classic Lakanto sweetener throughout, along with a handful of berries, and you’ve got yourself a snack that will satisfy you far more than any sugar-laden treat ever could!
4. Edamame beans - An underrated savoury snack that is packed full of protein and fibre and naturally low in sugar. Not only that, but the wholesome crunch and saltiness of these beans will keep you feeling satisfied and not reaching for a quick fix of sugar.
5. Homemade sugar-free treats - This is the easiest way to make sure you’re not compromising on enjoyment and indulgence! Any one of these recipes made with our Lakanto Monkfruit sweeteners will hit your cravings spot on - because we know a piece of fruit can’t always replace a chocolate bar! Having some of these prepped for the week ahead means that when you’re in desperate need of a sweet treat but don’t want to compromise your health goals - you really can have your cake and eat it too!