Your favourite Christmas treat - light, sweet pastries filled with indulgent fruit mince!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Prep, 25 Minutes Cook Time
- 1 ½ Cups Mixed Fruit
- ¼ Cup Water
- 80ml Brandy
- 4 Tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Classic
- 3 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 Orange Zested
- 1 Batch Sweet Pastry (See recipe)
- Place all the ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil allow to stand for 10 minutes
- Blend all the ingredients from the pot in a food processor until chopped but do not over blend to a paste.
- Set Aside
- Roll out the sweet pastry to approx. 2-3mm as thin as possible without breaking
- Use a standard muffin tin and spray with non-stick oil (Vegetable)
- Use a glass or cutter that will create a round disk with enough clearance to cover each round muffin mould
- Lightly press into the mould pastry should come up approx. halfway up the sides. Use a fork to create some small holes in the base this will help to stop the pastry rising.
- Cut some greaseproof paper to form a lining for each mold and fill with rice or lentils.
- Bake at 150c Fan Oven for 12-15 minutes or until just cooked.
- Roll out the remaining dough to 3-5mm and use a cutter to make some little stars, bake these for 12-15 minutes on a non-stick tray until just cooked.
- Next empty the rice from the muffin’s tins and greaseproof paper fill with the mince mixture and top with the pastry star
- Place back in the oven for another 7-10 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool and keep at room temperature enjoy..