Looking for a lower-carb, low-sugar Winter-friendly dinner recipe? Look no further than this hearty, wholesome and flavoursome Masala!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes cut into 4cm chunks
- 400g Diced Tinned Tomatoes
- 5 Pieces Ginger
- 1tsp Garlic Clove Chopped
- ½tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 250ml Coconut Cream
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Large Head Broccoli, roughly chopped
- For serving:
- Basmati rice or 1 head Cauliflower, grated into 'rice' and steamed.
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 160g Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil and add the spices, Lakanto sweetener, ginger, cinnamon stick and gently cook over a low heat approx. 5 minutes
- Add the diced tomato and cook out for a further 10 minutes next add the vegetable stock bring to boil.
- Add the vegetables and cook until just tender.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon. Set aside
- Add the coconut cream and bring the sauce to the boil reduce slightly until it thickens
- Add the vegetables back to the sauce and stir through
- Season the masala to taste and add the desired amount on top of the hot cauliflower rice or rice. Finish with chopped macadamia nuts and coriander leaves