Recipe by: Rosie Mansfield
Time: 1 hour
- 1kg granny smith apples, peeled and cored
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsps water
- 125g white sourdough breadcrumbs
- 100g Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Pinch salt
- 75g butter
- 3 heaped tbsp Lakanto Maple Syrup
- Chocolate ice cream (low/no sugar)
- Lakanto No Added Chocolate Topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan-forced.
- In a medium pan add chunky cut apple slices and coat with a third of the butter and water and cook until softened around 10-15 minutes.
- Pour apples into a medium baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sourdough crumbs, sweetener, a pinch of salt and dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle mixture all over the apples.
- In a small saucepan melt the remaining butter with the maple syrup and then pour over the apple and crumbs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Serve with your favourite low sugar ice cream and a good drizzle of Lakanto's chocolate topping!