A decadent yet light dessert that's sweet enough without any added sugar needed!
Prep Time: 30 – 40 minutes
- 125g Dark chocolate (sugar free if possible, e.g. Lindt No Added Sugar)
- 2 TBSP Unsalted butter
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 45g Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- 100g Dark Chocolate (sugar free) to use for the case
- Sweetened Cream (See our Lakanto Chantilly Cream Recipe)
- To make the Chocolate cases use some flexible plastic sheets like over head projector sheets available at most craft shops.
- Cut them into the desired height 6-8 cm and approx. 12cm long
- Next melt the chocolate and then pour over each individual sheet holding the sheeting to make sure there is a even coating do bot allow the chocolate to set.
- Next is the tricky bit! Use a cloths peg or bull dog clip bring the two ends together plastic facing out and clip with the peg place in the fridge to set, then carefully peel the plastic away. Done!
- For the mousse: Chop the chocolate into pieces and melt over a bain-marie. Add the butter, stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Whisk the whole eggs until the froth and thicken slightly add the Classic Sweetener and continue to whisk (Note: whole egg this will give you a heavier mixture which is creamy and decadent).
- Fold in the Chocolate to the egg mixture and then fold in the melted chocolate OR Spoon the mix into 4 cups or glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Finish with either chantilly cream or wild berry compote.