A wickedly indulgent dessert perfect for any guilt-free celebration!
Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time 50-60 minutes
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Plain Flour
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 200g Dark Unsweetened Chocolate (See our Lakanto Chocolate recipe)
Ingredients for the ganache:
- 200ml Full Fat Cream
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- 3 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- Pinch Salt
- ½ Cup Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Butter Melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 160c fan assisted (No fan – 180c)
- Prepare a 9 inch cake tin with butter to line the sides and base
- In a medium pot melt the butter chocolate and classic sweetener
- Whisk the mixture until smooth then add the cocoa and water
- Next mix the flours, and sieve
- Add the whole eggs to chocolate mix and then fold in the dry ingredients
- Pour into the cake mould and bake for 50 minutes, check the cake with a wooden skewer, when it comes out clean the cake is cooked.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool on a rack covered with a clean cloth
- Next make the Ganache by heating the cream and adding the chocolate and Sweetener in a pot over a medium heat (Do not Boil) Allow to cool until it starts to thicken.
- Cut the cake in two giving you two layers, spread ¼ of the ganache on one layer and place the other half on top.
- Spread the remaining ganache over the top and spread evenly allowing the ganache to flow over the sides and smooth out until the entire cake is covered.
- Place in the fridge and allow the ganache to set.
- Next make the tulles by whisking the egg whites then the sweetener and butter and flour and cocoa with a pinch of salt allow to rest for 5-10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160c fan assisted
- Using a palate knife thinly spread the mixture on either silicone paper or non-stick parchment move onto your baking tray
- Bake for 5-7 minutes – once cooked quickly cut to your desired size 5cm x 5cm is best then use a small thin piece of dowel to roll the bark allow to cool
- Finally put these around the sides of the cake should make approx. 40 bark rolls, Finish the cake with fresh fruit or more chocolate.