A buttery chocolate sweet pastry for use in tarts or any sweet pie style dish
Serves: 24 serves or 2 large tart bases
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 13-14 minutes
- 2 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
- 1/3 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- 175g Unsalted Butter, Chilled, Chopped
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Chilled Water
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Mix the Cocoa powder Golden Sweetener and flour together then add the chopped butter mix until it forms a bread crumb consistency
- Add the egg yolks and mix in finish with the water be careful to not over mix or the pastry will become too difficult to work with and may shrink during cooking as you would have worked the gluten.
- Store the pastry in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before you use it to allow the dough time to rest and relax.
- Remove from the fridge 10 minutes before you need to use (makes it easy to work with)
- For best baking results roll the pastry out approx. 4-5mm carefully use the rolling pin to roll the pastry over the pin, then un roll the pastry over your tin and carefully press into place.
- Blind Baking gives the best finish simply prick the pastry with a fork then place layer of grease proof paper over the pastry fill with either rice or dried beans and bake at 150c for 13-15 minutes
- Once cooked remove from the oven and immediately remove the paper and beans allow to cool. Then fill with your favourite dessert or fillings!
Nutritional information per serve (30g): 121 calories, 2.2g protein, 7.5g fat (4.5g saturated), 9.2g carbs (0.1g sugar).