Ready for some weekend baking? These are perfect to make if you are stuck in lockdown or just gotten out of one and are seeing friends or family.
As we celebrate chocolate, we should also celebrate the chocolate combo's out there. And there aren't many combo's out there that are tastier than caramel and chocolate...This slice has beautiful layering, a crunch from the peanuts and the depth of flavour from the chocolate.
Using oats gives you a nice hit of fibre and by using Lakanto instead of sugar you are saving 212kJ per serve.
Caramel Peanut Chocolate Bars
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 200ml Lakanto No Added Sugar Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 cup Lakanto No Added Sugar Chocolate Topping
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased baking pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the caramel topping with cream, stirring often. To make the chocolate layer melt the choc chips and combine with the chocolate topping, stirring til smooth.
- Pour the chocolate layer over the crust and top with peanuts; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture and some extra choc chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
No Added Sugar // Egg Free // Fibre Boost