If you're not already in a chocolate coma, here's the ultimate Easter recipe for you! Wickedly indulgent double choc cupcakes, with chocolate ganache frosting - and no added sugar. Perfect for kids and adults alike!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time 25-30 minutes
Ingredients for the cupcakes
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Plain Flour
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 200g Dark Unsweetened or No Added Sugar Chocolate (See our Lakanto Chocolate recipe)
Ingredients for the ganache frosting:
- 200ml Full Fat Cream
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- Pre-heat the oven to 160c fan assisted (No fan – 180c)
- Prepare a muffin or cupcake tray with cases, or grease with oil or butter.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter, chocolate and classic sweetener
- Whisk the mixture until smooth then add the cocoa powder and water
- Next, mix the flours, and sieve
- Add the whole eggs to chocolate mix and then fold in the dry ingredients
- Pour evenly across 12 cupcake cases, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Next, make the Ganache frosting by heating the cream and adding the chocolate and Sweetener in a pot over a medium heat (do not boil). Allow to cool until it starts to thicken.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, spread the ganache over each cupcake, and decorate with no added sugar Easter eggs or bunnies.
- Keep chilled and enjoy!