Italian Lemon Ricotta Cake
Recipe by: Rosie Mansfield
Time: 1 hour
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Baking Blend
- 500g whole milk Italian ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C, fan-forced. Brush a springform pan with coconut oil and line with baking paper to prevent the cake from sticking.
- In a food processor cream together the butter and sweetener.
- Add the ricotta cheese, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, baking soda and flour and blend until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before removing it from the tin and serving.