Hypnotic, almost too cool to eat and full of nutritious ingredients. We present the Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake! Fitting into plenty of diets/lifestyles, fun to make and made with ingredients to leave you feeling good, not gross.
Today is all about paying tribute to our love of all things chocolate, if this recipe isn't for you or you feel like cooking up a chocolate storm, take a look back through all the delicious chocolate recipes we've shared over the past week.
Vegan // No Added Sugar // Gluten Free // Low Carb
Choc Swirl Cheesecake
Cookie Crumb Base
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup Lakanto Baking Blend
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp bi carbonate soda
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Pinch salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp almond milk (to bind)
- 2 cups coconut cream chilled
- ½ cup Lakanto Icing Powder
- 2 tsp Agar Agar
- 50ml Water
- Around 1 cup Lakanto Chocolate Topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large-size bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until the mixture forms a soft dough and can be pinched between two fingers and stays together. Add more milk if necessary.
- Line a baking tray. Roll the dough into one sheet and flatten on the baking tray.
- Bake the cookie base for 12-18 minutes or until the edges are crisp.
- Allow the mix to cool and dry out then put into a food processor and make the mixture into chucky crumble and add ¼ cup coconut oil
- Press the mixture into a springform cake tin 6 inch and drizzle some Lakanto Chocolate Topping over the base (Chill in the fridge for at least an hour)
- Whisk the Coconut cream and Lakanto Icing Powder until it thickens, dissolve the agar agar in warm water and whisk into the coconut cream, remove the base from the fridge and pour the mixture into the tin, place back in the fridge and allow to set.
- Once set, use the Lakanto Chocolate Topping (ideally in a small piping bag) to create a swirl pattern over the top and then use any cookie crumb left over to sprinkle on the cake.