Super easy, super tasty and full of healthy fats, plus no added sugar in sight!
- 1 cup / 100g raw pecans
- 100g Lakanto Chocolate Topping or sugar free dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup / 80ml cashew butter (raw or roasted)
- 1/3 cup / 80ml Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. flaky sea salt
Vegan / Gluten Free / Low Carb
Tip: If you don’t have pecans, swap for cashews, almonds or walnuts
- Find a baking sheet or tray that will fit in your freezer, then line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the cashew butter, Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup, vanilla and flaky salt until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the caramel onto the lined baking sheet, using another spoon to help remove it – this stuff is sticky!
- Press a whole pecan on one side of the caramel blob, then add two halves to the sides. Repeat until you’ve used all the caramel. Place in the freezer for at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- Once the caramels have chilled, prepare the chocolate. Melt the chocolate if using.
- Remove the caramels from the freezer and drizzle chocolate over them (use a small piping bag if you’d like). Swirls, zig zags, big dollop of chocolate - choose your own adventure.
- Place them back in the freezer until set, then transfer them to an airtight container and store in the freezer or fridge until ready to serve.
Approx. Nutritional Information Per Serve 12g - Energy 182 kJ (44 Cal) - Protein 0.8g - Total Fat 3.7g Saturated Fat 0.4g - Carbohydrate 0.7g - Fibre 0.4g - Natural Sugar 0.3g Sodium 32mg Erythritol 1.0g