Craving something hearty and indulgent as the weather cools down, but not wanting to load up on too many carbs? This is the perfect Dinner or Lunch for you! Even better, it's plant-based, loaded with nutrients and a truly wholesome and delicious meal.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes, Cook Time: 8-10 Minutes
For the patties:
- 1 Cup/55g Hemp Seeds
- 2/3 Cup /175g Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Beetroots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 Heaped tsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot
- 35g Almond Meal
- 1-2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Butter Lettuce (to replace burger buns)
- 3 Tomato’s
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber
- 100ml Vegan Mayo
- In a food processor blend all the prepared burger ingredients to a course mix 3mm dice size. (do not over mix or it will become a paste)
- Allow this to cool in the refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Form into 60g balls and press lightly to form a patty shape.
- Wash the lettuce, leave using the smaller internal leaves which are sweeter. And place these on a clean cloth.
- Slice the Lebanese cucumber into 1 mm slices to fit on top of the patty.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices
- Wedge the avocado and remove the skin approx. 8 wedges per avocado
- Heat a non-stick pan or grill plate to a medium heat and cook the patties until golden 8-10 Minutes.
- Next place the patty on the lettuce leaf top with cucumber then tomato and the avocado wedge.
- Season and drizzle with vegan mayonnaise