A delicious matcha recipe showcasing the versatility of Lakanto! Created by our amazing pastry chef ambassador Gunawan. We love matcha and mochi so the two combined are a delicious dream come true. Mochi are usually quite high in sugar so it's great to be able to make a lower sugar version.
- 50g glutinous rice flour
- 25g Lakanto Baking Blend
- 70g water
- 90g softened butter
- 80g Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 egg yolk
- 125g plain flour
- 1g Baking Soda
- 5g Uji matcha powder
- Mix glutinous rice flour, baking blend and water.
- Place it in microwave for 1 minutes 30 seconds.
- Stir it well and put back in microwave for another 1 minutes 30 seconds.
- Stir it well, and cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge.
- Pre heat oven at 160°C
- Place butter, Lakanto Classic into a bowl of electric mixer.
- Mix well, then add in yolk, mix until well blended.
- Fold in flour, Matcha, and baking soda.
- Mix together until form a dough, scoop out, portion 50g each cookies.
- Roll it like a ball then make a dent in the middle, place the mochi inside (roughly 10g) then roll back into ball shape.
- Bake for 15 mins and enjoy!