Looking for a new treat to bring to the Easter picnic this year? These moist and indulgent carrot cake muffins, lightly spiced with cinnamon and pecan, and topped with a tart cream cheese icing are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 12-15 minutes
Serves: 12 cupcakes
Carrot Cake Mix:
- 2 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened.
- ½ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan forced. Prepare a cupcake or muffin tin with cases or grease sides with oil or butter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Then carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture gently stir until fully combined. It is important to not over mix the batter or will become heavy and doughy.
- Pour the mixture evenly across 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, use an electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese with the sweetener until combined. Set aside.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before icing with the cream cheese frosting.