Swapping regular sugar for Lakanto Baking Blend in these Shortbread Cookies gives them a clean taste, allowing the beautiful vanilla bean to shine through.
Makes: 16 cookies
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Lakanto Baking Blend
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour (gluten free if you prefer)
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 80g vegan white chocolate, melted
- ½ cup pistachios, finely chopped
- Preheat an oven to 150℃ fan force and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the butter and Lakanto Baking Blend to a bowl and mix with an electric beater until soft and smooth (about 2-3 minutes). Add the vanilla and beat through. Fold through the plain flour and bring together into a dough. Place mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from the fridge and place between two large pieces of baking paper and roll out to 0.5cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut 16 circle cookies (or any shape that you like!). Place onto the prepared baking trays and into the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays.
- Once cool, spoon over ½ teaspoon amounts of the white chocolate and smear on the cookie. While still melted, sprinkle on the pistachios so they set in the chocolate.
These cookies will last 1 week in an airtight container.
Recipe + Food Styling: Meg Yonson
Photography: Luisa Brimble