A healthy tasty quiche excellent for school lunches or a weekend meal. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 2 Cups of Almond Meal
- 1 Whole Egg
- ½ Cup of Butter, (melted)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pinch White Pepper
- 4 Slices of Bacon, diced
- ½ a Brown Onion, Sliced
- ½ Cup Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 ½ cups of Light Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 2 pinches of White Pepper
- In a large bowl combine all the Base ingredients until fully mixed it should have
- the texture of wet breadcrumbs. Roll out mixture.
- Lightly grease an 8inch square baking pan. Lay the base mixture over the top and gently press into the sides.
- Pre heat the oven and bake for 12-15 min at 160ºC (Do not overcook as it will be baked twice).
- Once the Base is cooked prepare the filling by combining all the ingredients into a large bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 150ºC.
- Pour the mixture into the base and cook for 10 minutes. Increase oven to 180ºC.
- After 10 minutes top with the grated cheese and place back in the oven at 180ºC for 5-10 minutes until golden and the egg mixture set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Keep refrigerated once cold. Serve with a fresh salad and a balsamic dressing.