Super fun, cute, delicious and no added sugar!
A traditional cupcake recipe using Lakanto means it now only contains 1g of sugar per serve.
Kids will particularly love to see (and eat) the butterfly wings!
Makes 9 cupcakes
- 1 ¾ cups Self-raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup Lakanto Baking Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 120g unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup full cream milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tbsp Lakanto Icing Powder
- ½ cup sugar free raspberry or blackberry jam
- 2 cups fresh berries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and Lakanto Baking Blend. Add eggs, butter, milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon cake batter into the cup cake cases. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Make the cream filling by whipping cream, vanilla bean paste and Lakanto Icing Powder to soft peaks. Transfer to a piping bag.
- To create the butterfly cakes, remove the top of each cake using a serrated knife. Cut top piece in half to create ‘wings'.
- Remove a small amount from the centre of each cake. Fill with a teaspoon of jam. Pipe the cream on top and secure wings in place
- Finish with a dusting of Lakanto Icing Powder and slices of fresh berries in the centre. Serve immediately, or keep chilled.
Approx Nutritional Information Per Serve 60g - Energy 725 kJ (173 Cal) - Protein 2.8g - Total Fat 12.0g Saturated Fat 7.6g - Carbohydrate 12.4g - Fibre 1.6g - Natural Sugar 1.0g Sodium 124 mg Erythritol 7.7g