Recipe by: Rosie Mansfield
Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 cake
Gluten Free / No Added Sugar / Diabetic Friendly / Keto / Low Carb
- 1 cup grass fed butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Lakanto Icing Powder
- 1-2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 punnet raspberries
1. Add the butter to a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and beat for 4-5 minutes until it becomes super fluffy, airy light, pale and doubled in volume.
2. Make sure butter is not too warm/oily; it will not hold its shape
3. In two additions add half the Lakanto Icing Powder at a time, beating 2-3 minutes in-between each addition. Slowly increase speed.
4. Once all of the icing powder has been incorporated you will notice it may look a bit stiff and dense; adding the dairy-free milk and beating until the buttercream is more soft & spreadable
5. At this time you can add the vanilla bean paste.
6. Once the buttercream is ready, spread it over the cake. You may place buttercream in an airtight container at room temp for 5-6 days, though it is best freshly made.