Use this pastry recipe as the base to sweet pies and tarts. It performs like regular pastry and tastes just as deliciously sweet.
2 ¼ cups plain flour
⅓ cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
175g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons chilled water
- Process flour, Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and butter in a food processor until it forms a crumb like consistency.
- Add egg yolks and the chilled water and continue processing until mixtures comes together. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to the desired size and carefully line the tin.
- Cut excess pastry away from the tin and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Prick the pastry with a fork to reduce it rising.
- Place greaseproof paper over the pastry and fill with dried beans to hold the pastry down (Tip: Keeps the shape)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan-forced and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden
- Remove the beans and paper, then remove the tart from the cooking tin and cool on a rack.