Feel like you're in a French pastry shop at home with these beautiful, delicate and sugar free Apple Frangipane Tarts!
Created especially for us by our Pastry Chef Gunawan.
Vegan // No Added Sugar // Gluten Free
- 125g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 25g Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 65g Vegan Butter
- 30ml Cold water
- Pre heat oven 180 C
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz it until a dough forms.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour
- Roll out the tart shells and place in casings, then blind bake it for 10-12 minutes
- 120g almond meal
- 40ml coconut oil
- 60g Lakanto Maple Syrup or Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup
- 20g Rice Flour
- 45ml Aquafuba (liquid from a can of chickpea)
- 1tbs lemon zest
- 1-2 apples
- Cream oil and maple syrup with electric whisk, whisk in rice flour, add in aquafaba bit by bit. Whisk well after each addition. Fold in the almond meal and zest with a spatula.
- Fill the pastry cases, then place sliced apple on top. Bake the tart for 20-25 minutes
- Can be finished with a dusting of Lakanto Icing Powder