As we start to approach Winter, these fluffy, light pancakes are sure to warm up even the coldest of mornings - without weighing you down with a heavy feeling!
They're quick to prep and make, versatile (you can add in sugar free dark choc chips, nuts or berries to the batter) and an undeniably indulgent and delicious way to easily get some protein into your day.
Serves: 5 (10 pancakes total, 2 per serve)
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cook Time: 4 minutes
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons whey powder.
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 ¼ cups full fat milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix the flour, whey powder, baking powder, salt and Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener together in a bowl.
- Add the milk and melted butter and lightly whisk. Add the egg and mix until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized non-stick pan over a high heat. Use a large spoon or small ladle to add the pancake mix to the centre of the pan.
- Once the pancake starts to form small bubbles on the surface it should be ready to
- Once golden on both sides, transfer pancake to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately with your favourite topping - we went with fresh blueberries and sugar free maple syrup!