These moist and indulgent carrot cupcakes lightly spiced with cinnamon and pecan are perfect for a Winter-warming dessert or snack. Paired with the rhubarb, they're a sweet treat without the excess sugar or carbs.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time 12-15 minutes
For the carrot cupcakes:
- 2 ¼ Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Cup Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bi carb Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Grated Carrot
For the Rhubarb Compote
- 6 Sticks Fresh Rhubarb
- 3 Tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- 4 Tbsp Water
- ½ Teaspoon Cornflour
For the cupcakes:
- Pre heat the oven to 180c
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix
- Combine all the wet ingredients together into a separate bowl and mix
- Then carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet mix gently stir until fully mixed. It is important to not over mix the batter or will become heavy and doughy
- Grease your cupcake tray with coconut oil and flour then pour your mixture into the moulds
- Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes.
- Cut rhubarb into 1-2 inch pieces and then put into a pot with the sweetener and the water
- Bring to the boil and remove
- Once the cupcakes are cooked, spoon out a small piece from the top and add your rhubarb.
- Serve with pouring cream or cream cheese.