A buttery, light and simply delicious snack for any coffee or high tea occasion. Dipped in dark chocolate, they also make the perfect Mother's Day treat to wrap up and give as an edible gift!
Serves: 20 Fingers
Prep Time: 10 Min Cooking Time: 12-16 Min
- 1 ½ Cups Unsalted Butter (Diced 20cm)
- 1 Cup Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- Cinnamon Sprinkles
- ¼ Cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 100g dark or sugar free chocolate, melted for dipping
- Crushed nuts or freeze dried strawberry powder
- Mix the diced butter and Lakanto sweetener in a mixer using the paddle attachment and whip until soft and smooth (approx. 5minutes)
- Add the Corn Flour and Plain Flour and slowly mix on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Add in the Vanilla Essence and whip for 3 minutes on high. (This will ensure a smooth and soft dough is created.
- Remove from the bowl and place mixture onto a flour dusted surface. (Leave for 10 minutes, resting)
- Turn the oven on to 150c
- Gently fold the mixture on the bench. Roll out to the desired size and height.
- Cut the dough to the desired shape using a knife or cookie cutters, and gently place on the baking tray until they're all done.
- Tip: Allow to rest for 10 minutes in the fridge before baking (This will help keep the shape during baking.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for 12- 16 minutes depending on the thickness of the shortbread.
- Remove from the oven
- While still warm sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the shortbread, before allowing them to cool prior to dipping in the melted chocolate and crushed nuts.