Traditional lemon curd is made with cups of sugar, but our version tastes just as deliciously sweet minus the sugar spike! Serve with scones, as a filling in a lemon meringue pie or as a spread on your morning toast.
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
½ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
¼ cup lemon juice
150g unsalted butter
- Whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks and Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener until light in colour.
- Gently whisk through the lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to a small pot and place over a low heat. Continue to gently whisk mixture until it begins to thicken slightly.
- Add the butter and continue to stir until fully incorporated. Do not bring to the boil.
- Transfer mixture to a glass jar and allow to cool completely before popping on a lid and placing in the fridge.