Nothing beats fresh out of the oven scones topped with cream and compote. Our recipe cuts out all the sugar without compromising on sweetness.
1 ⅓ cups of self raising flour, plus extra for dusting.
1 ½ tablespoons Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
2 tablespoons salt
50g butter, cubed
½ cup milk
1 whole egg
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC fan-forced.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and milk. Slowly add the mixture to the crumbs until the mixture comes together (be careful not to over mix).
- Place the mixture on a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin roll the mixture out to 2 inches thick.
- Pat dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a 5cm (diameter) round cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Press dough together and cut out remaining 4 rounds. Place scones onto prepared baking tray, 1cm apart.
- Sprinkle tops with a little plain flour. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with Wild Berry Compote and Chantilly Cream.